To say I have a sweet tooth is an understatement. I tend to crave sugar so often that I have to suppress it. So when I found this recipe for Oreo cheesecake cookies that only calls for 3/4 of a cup of sugar, I ran into my kitchen.
If you are a fan of Oreos, cheesecake, Oreo cheesecake, and cookies, then this is the recipe for you. Just five ingredients come together to make a soft, balanced cookie that tastes like a perfect Oreo cheesecake, where you get equal parts Oreo and cheesecake in each bite.
1/2 cup of butter
8 oz of cream cheese
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of all-purpose flour
15 roughly chopped Oreos
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional but highly recommended)
Now let's jump into this simple recipe where your fridge and oven do the majority of the work. This recipe makes around a dozen cookies; if you want more, simply double the ingredients!
1. Cream together softened cream cheese and butter until smooth. A hand mixer will get the job done.
2. Mix the vanilla extract (if you opted for it) and sugar until thoroughly combined.
3. Gradually mix in your flour.
4. Using a silicone spatula, fold in Oreo pieces until evenly distributed in the dough.
5. Let cookie dough refrigerate for one hour. Make sure to cover the bowl with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
6. Preheat oven to 330F
7. Using an ice cream or cookie scooper, scoop 2 tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet. Space cookies around one inch apart.
8. Using the back of a spoon or a CLEAN hand, gently flatten the cookie dough.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bottoms are slightly golden.
10. Let cookies cool for a few minutes before enjoying them!
If you give this recipe a try, go ahead and let me know in the comments or send me pictures!